Enrolling USC Health Insurance
Who’s Automatically Enrolled?
All international students and Health Sciences Campus students are automatically enrolled, even if they are taking less than 6 units. The University of Southern California requires that all students have comprehensive health insurance. If you are already covered under a comprehensive health insurance policy, you may elect to waive coverage. See below for further information.
FIRST YEAR OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY STUDENTS starting classes in the summer have a different procedure than described below. Please contact Sylvia Carabante (email@example.com | (323) 442 – 5989) to find out how you should enroll or waive in the summer health insurance plan.
How to Enroll
Even if you are enrolled automatically in the plan, you can still go online and positively enroll after June 1, 2015. Actively enrolling online early ensures you will receive your insurance I.D. card and be recognized as eligible on day one of the coverage period. Fall 2015 coverage begins on August 17, 2015 and Spring 2016 coverage begins January 11, 2016. Students need to be registered for their classes for 5-7 business days before beginning the enrollment process.
- Visit www.aetnastudenthealth.com/usc and click on “Enroll/Request to Waive: Student Health Insurance Plan”
- You will be taken to the USCNet Login page. Login using the username provided by the university.
- You will be taken back to an Aetna page. Select “on campus” for the program type if you are a USC student taking classes on the Health Science Campus. Fill in your ID number and date of birth and click “Get Started”. Follow the instructions to complete your online enrollment.
- You may print out a copy of the completed enrollment request confirmation for your records. Note: The Enrollment Form is not proof of coverage, and should not be used as such. If you need medical care before receiving a permanent I.D. card from Aetna Student Health, you should use a temporary paper I.D. card available from the Student Health Insurance Office; you can also download a temporary I.D. card from the Aetna Navigator website on www.aetnastudenthealth.com/usc
- The cost of coverage will be added to your student account with the University.
How to Waive
Click here for information on how to waive out of the USC Student Health Insurance.