Mask Fit Test
Some clinical sites may require a “Respirator Protection Fit Testing” as part of your health clearance. You can make an appointment at the Student Health Center for Mask Fit Testing at no cost for you. Once you have an appointment, please make sure to follow these pre-appointment instructions as follows. Failure to do so may result in rescheduling your appointment:
- Prior to your appointment view the instructional videos, below, of proper donning and doffing of a respiratory mask (mandatory).
- Complete the medical questionnaire found in your patient portal, MySHR.
- Expect to be in your appointment for at least 1-hour.
- Please refrain from eating and/or drinking 15 minutes prior to your appointment.
- For persons with facial hair, wearers MUST BE clean shaven to get a good fit with a respirator.
- To learn more about mask fit testing, you can go to this website: https://www.osha.gov/video/respiratory_protection/fittesting_transcript.html