The Eric Cohen Student Health Center provides nursing visits to all registered USC students on the health science campus. These visits are not guaranteed to be free of charge because the payment responsibility for lab work and vaccinations is determined by your insurance carrier. Nursing visits are provided by medical assistants. You can book an appointment for nursing visits online via MySHR, by phone, or in person. Nursing visits are available during all business hours. However, certain tests or vaccinations can only be given at certain times. Please see below.
Nursing visits include but are not limited to:
- Drug Panel
- Blood draws
- A1C (Must be ordered by a physician)
- CBC (Must be ordered by a physician)
- CMP (Must be ordered by a physician)
- Lipid Panel (Must be ordered by a physician)
- T3 (Must be ordered by a physician)
- T4 (Must be ordered by a physician)
- TSH (Must be ordered by a physician)
- PPD Skin Tests (Available M |T|W|F before 4:30 pm)
- T-spot Test (Available M|T|W|TH|F before 2:30 pm)
- Urine Culture (Must be ordered by a physician)
- Gardasil (First one in series must be given at a primary care appointment)
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Yellow Fever
If you need blood work or vaccinations that are not on this list, please call the Eric Cohen Student Health Center at (323) 442-5631 and a medical assistant will assist you in finding the care that you need.
The Eric Cohen Student Health Center offers blood work and vaccinations at low prices. If you have the Aetna Student Health Insurance, many of these tests will be covered at least once per year. Costs will be determined at the time of the appointment. If the tests or vaccinations are covered by Aetna Student Health Insurance, the ECSHC will automatically send charges to Aetna. If it is not covered, you will have to pay fees by credit card (MasterCard or Visa), by check, or by authorizing the ECSHC to send fees to your student financial account. If you have your own private insurance, all fees must be paid by credit card (MasterCard or Visa), by check, or by authorizing the ECSHC to send fees to your student financial account. We will give you a receipt that you may submit to your private insurance for any reimbursement or claim process. Please visit the Price List section for a list of the specific costs.