Learn how to make the best food choices to support your lifestyle!
Our Registered Dietitian (RD) is available to provide one-on-one nutrition counseling for students covered under the USC Health Insurance Fee. The RD can help tailor your diet to meet your personal health needs, reduce your risk factors for illness and achieve a healthier lifestyle!
The Dietitian is available to help you with:
- Weight management
- Best diet strategies for digestive issues
- Management of diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Finding your way with food allergies
- Support for disordered eating
- Healthy cooking and food preparation
- Transitioning to a new diet
- Healthy eating on a budget
- Maximizing your workout with smart food choices
- General nutrition information
Wednesday: 4:30 – 6:30 pm
Friday: 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
During the first session, the RD will discuss nutrition recommendations with you and help you develop an individualized plan to meet your food related goals. After the initial appointment, you are eligible to schedule follow-up appointments.
As part of the clinical nutrition assessment, you will be checked in by our support staff to take a current height and weight. If you do not wish to provide this information, please let our support staff know when they call you in to the clinical area.
You can make appointments with the RD online via MySHR or by calling (323) 442-5631. You do not a referral from a physician to schedule an appointment
A healthy-foods workshop brought to you by the ECSHC RD, Crystal Kwan. Crystal will demonstrate weight management strategies, healthy choices for on-the-go lifestyles, portion control, healthy cooking, and food preparation, and healthy eating on a budget.