Complaints and Grievances
According to Keck Policy, A grievance is, “a formal, written or verbal grievance that is filed by a patient, when a patient issue cannot be resolved promptly by a staff present. Any allegations regarding quality of care or premature discharge shall be defined as a grievance for the purposes of the policy”. Keck Policy 6-111. Students can express complaints and grievances in the following ways:
- Verbal Feedback – not anonymous
- Face to face expression or telephone to a staff member or physician
- Written Feedback – can be anonymous
- Complaint box located in lobby
- Email submission
- Patient/Family Grievance form
- A Written Letter
- The patient/family may file a concern or grievance with the state Department of Public Health
Services, the Joint Commission, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, the Office of Civil Rights,
and/or any other body overseeing the operations of the facilities.
- Satisfaction Surveys – can be anonymous
- Satisfaction surveys are sent to all students receiving care at Eric Cohen. Students can express any concerns through this online survey.