Enrolling USC Health Insurance
Who’s Automatically Enrolled?
All international students and Health Sciences Campus students are automatically enrolled, even if they are taking less than 6 units. The University of Southern California requires that all students have comprehensive health insurance. If you are already covered under a comprehensive health insurance policy, you may elect to waive coverage. See below for further information.
FIRST YEAR OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY STUDENTS starting classes in the summer have a different procedure than described below. Please contact Sylvia Carabante (email@example.com | (323) 442 – 5989) to find out how you should enroll or waive in the summer health insurance plan. Once you’re registered for fall classes, then you can follow the procedure below for the fall insurance waiver. Remember, first year OT students have to complete a summer waiver AND a fall waiver. Each process is different.
How to Enroll
Most HSC students are automatically enrolled when you registered for classes. Even if you were automatically enrolled, it is important that you confirm that enrollment. At the beginning of every Fall and Spring semester you must enroll online to confirm your enrollment with the Aetna Student health Insurance even if you were automatically charged.Please complete this by the Fall semester deadline. Actively enrolling online ensures you will be recognized as eligible on the first day of your coverage period. Students need to be registered for their classes for 5-7 business days before beginning the enrollment process.
- Make sure you have registered for your Fall classes.
- Visit www.aetnastudenthealth.com/usc and click on “Enroll/Request to Waive: Student Health Insurance Plan”
- You will be taken to the USCNet Login page. Login using the username provided by the university.
- You will be taken back to an Aetna page. Select “on campus” for the program type if you are a USC student taking classes on the Health Science Campus. Fill in your ID number and date of birth and click “Get Started”. Follow the instructions to complete your online enrollment.
- You may print out a copy of the completed enrollment request confirmation for your records. Note: The Enrollment Form is not proof of coverage, and should not be used as such. You can print your ID card here
- The cost of coverage will be added to your student account with the University.
How to Waive
Click here for information on how to waive out of the USC Student Health Insurance.